In this episode, host A.Z. Araujo interviews badass agent Bernadette Barba* as she tells her story of the passion that fuels her business. Bernadette is working on living a life on fire and one of the ways she accomplishes this is by following her voice. Her latest accomplishment is launching her very own podcast. Listen in on how she accomplished building the podcast.
*Bernadette Barba no longer works with A.Z. & Associates.
You Might also like
By carlaandaz — 8 months ago
Ruben Luna is a top producing badass agent in Arizona. Craig started with zero knowledge about real estate and put it all on the line to win. He attributes his success to his athletic strengths, personal life, and genuine personality.
In this episode, Ruben and AZ deep dive on their experience during the 2007 Market Crash and how they learned a lot from that adversity and used all the learnings to keep on hustling and performing up to these days. They also talked about the importance of creating a good habit for your business to thrive and get the steady flow of closed deals. Lastly, they also tackled the importance of involving the people around you in achieving your goals, the importance of communicating to them your goals so you will all be involved in the process.
Whenever you are setting goals for sales. You got to have numbers that you are striving for. - A.Z.
The Market Crash of 2007
- AZ shared their earliest day in the AZ office. Him being agent 001 and Ruben being agent 002. They reminisce their modest beginning starting out the real estate office. AZ shared their deep connection being their families stay connected.
- The Market Crash of 2007: No Buyers and no sellers. Their darkest time. AZ doing all the marketing stuff, flyers, radio, television, newspaper, magazine and a move-in truck for advertising.
- How AZ and Ruben were meant to meet in the gym during that time because they both need assurance that everything will be back to normal again. Ruben shared that it was a painful experience for him, for he had to go through his savings
- How they made a game out of it and was able to strategize on the deals they can get and close.
- Goal is 1 escrow a day.
“You’ve got to be very aggressive, very creative and just know you can deliver not just for yourself but for your client and for the seller.” - Ruben
The Conditioning Process
- They have to look at what they talked about. Living too much in the past or living too much in the future. They have to appreciate the past even though it was painful. All that pain that they felt and the reinforcement of what it’s going to take to survive in this business. They were there and there was no question about it. They were just going to make something happen.
- The odds are against them and the mark is not that great, the commissions are down the toilet. Ruben remembered he used to print out every new listing out there and start just calling people and just start showing properties left and right. And give multiple offers on everything.
It's very simple to lose your family. And the last thing I want is to have some other guy raise my daughters. - Ruben
The Epitome of being a Family Man
- As a family man, you have to maintain your relationship not just to your kids but most importantly with your wife. Being connected just do not happen by accident. It takes hard work and communication to maintain it.
- Ruben doesn’t believe in arguments .Growing up, he see arguments left and right. So the last thing he wanted to have is an argument within my household. He mentioned the need to be very intentional about things to get the family bonded.
- Ruben and his wife reach the greater level of their relationship by using their growing pains even if they separated for a while. When he was acting reckless and he was just doing whatever the heck he wanted. Ruben was glad his wife stuck with him during those hard times.
“If you do not see results, you continue making those calls, continue doing hopping houses, you continue delivering flyers not until you can earn your days off that is when you can take a rest.”- Ruben
Ruben’s 3 Advices for New Real Estate Agents
- Join AZ + Associates.
- Create a good routine. A lot of times we get into this business thinking that we can just take a day off, or you know take it easy on a day and not do your actions that you’re supposed to be doing on a consistent basis. Not until you can earn your days off that’s when you can take a rest. But for newer agents, you just cannot afford to do that because that’s when you’re going to create bad habits and five years from now guess what’s going to happen you’re going to be in the same spot because you never created those habits.
- Involve your family in the things that need to happen to achieve that goal, not just for yourself but also for those people around you. When everybody is on the same page, things are going to be a lot easier.
- At different stages of our life, we are all going to face some sort of serious adversity whether we like it or not. The adversity will come when you least expect it so knowing how to deal with it is key. Use the learning from that adversity so you can serve other people better and perform greater.
By carlaandaz — 6 months ago
Josh Levario is a badass real estate agent and paid commission artist doing his thing at the wise young age of 24.
In this episode, Josh gets into how he became an artist, the first time he got (as well as drew!) a tattoo, how he’s creating a mural in AZ’s home, what it was like starting out in real estate at age 19, and how his business is growing leaps and bounds.
“This is not about posturing. This is about real life, real people, and real estate.” — AZ
Topic #1: Where A Great Lesson Turns Into A New Procedure
- Josh walks us through the early days of becoming a talented tattoo artist, including when he first got started, who his first client was, and the biggest mistake he made on the job.
- AZ commends Josh for doing so much even beyond real estate, noting how this has already been his most successful year by far.
- AZ mentions how important it is to have and own up to other passions beyond just real estate, and how that can lead you to success.
“Everything’s about the reps and everything’s about the lessons.” — AZ
Topic #2: Being Yourself So You Can Grow Your Business
- Josh talks about when his business really started taking off, and how being his true self was really the catalyst behind that success.
- Josh and AZ call out how passions are the fuel you need to get up and do your job at a high level over and over again, and how profession + passion = profits.
- Josh recounts getting into the real estate game at 19 and how he found himself here by way of his early passion for reading.
“You’re beyond just real estate, and that’s what makes you a badass agent.” — AZ
Topic #3: The Importance of Not Caring What Anyone Else Thinks
- AZ asks Josh about a situation working with an investor in year one where he almost quit.
- Josh describes how important it is to trust yourself and to not care what anyone else is going to think on the other side of a transaction.
- AZ and Josh close out the show by reminding us all how we should always reconsider doing what others think we should do and just be ourselves.
“Just showcase yourself.” — Josh